Turning words into sales agents for your business
Website not converting? Unsuccessful with tenders and business awards? Need help developing email and blog content?
Get the business results you need with Penrith’s No 1 copywriters
‘I nailed English when I was studying, so writing for my business should be no problem, right?’
The truth is, great copywriting – having potential clients eating out of your hand before you’ve even had a chance to say hello – is hard.
Because it’s not about writing a lot of words. It’s about knowing the right words to use and exactly how to make them work like magic.
So if Google isn’t giving your website any attention, clients aren’t buying what you’re selling or you’re just not convincing readers that you’re the bomb.com, let’s talk.
Who are we?
• We’re a copywriting agency based in Penrith, NSW.
• We’ve been around since 2012 (just imagine us lounging around in exotic ugg boots listening to One Direction).
• We’re hard-core believers in not overusing adverbs, the flexible application of the Oxford comma, and the golden beauty that comes from starting sentences with prepositions.
• We have experience writing across just about every industry you’ve heard of (and some you probably haven’t).
• We’re trusted by the NSW Government, well-known brands and large private corporations, marketing agencies, universities, Not-for-Profits and a gazillion small and medium-sized businesses.
How great copywriters (that’s us) can help your business thrive
Great copywriting is the skill of turning words into sales agents. And we’re all about creating great copy.
• Website/SEO copywriting: Writing effective website copy is a different beast. To turn prospective clients into buyers, we write for humans. And to entice Google to look your way? We also write SEO-specific love letters for search engines (keeping them out of public view, of course).
• Tender submissions and bid writing: Need to respond to a government or commercial invitation to tender and not sure where to start? We work closely with you to develop your pitch, write clear and effective responses, and edit your response to ensure it’s compliant, error-free and on-message.
• Business awards writing: Give yourself the best chance and entrust the business awards writing to us. Our combination of tender smarts and creative storytelling will ensure you connect on an emotional and rational level, delivering a response that the judges find compliant, convincing, and completely crush-worthy.
• Branding: If you’ve set up a tinder profile, you’ll know just how hard it is to articulate your personal brand. Articulating your business brand? It’s a thousand times harder, but we can help. From taglines to tone of voice guidelines, we’ll help you develop a distinct, consistent and memorable brand that clients can’t help but swipe swipe right for.
• Marketing collateral: Communicate effectively using corporate profiles, capability statements, brochures, advertising copy, white papers, case studies, annual reports, and more. Need to build credibility? Consider investing in a white paper. Looking to showcase your work? We’ll develop a series of case studies that can help with SEO and be repurposed in tenders. Want to stand out in a magazine or newspaper ad? Let us craft a message so compelling they won’t be able to look away.
• Content marketing: Open up a digital conversation with a prospect, and build consumer loyalty, by giving away something of value. We’ll help you identify the ideal form of content marketing for your audience (from blogs and eBooks through to templates, checklists, and everything in between) and then create it.
• mail copywriting: What percentage of emails go straight into your trash? Getting someone to open and read emails, let alone convince them to take action, is no easy task. But then again nothing in life ever worth doing is.
• Editing and proofreading: Don’t let errors impact your messaging or compromise your brand. Our editing will review writing style, sentence structure, word choice/terminology, and consistency to produce an error-free document. And if you’re just after proofreading, we’ll remove language inconsistencies by addressing all spelling, punctuation and grammar errors.
Why work with us for your business writing?
Because great copy is no accident. We’re a hard-working team committed to developing:
• A firm understanding of your audience
• Rational appeal and emotional connection
• The right message to achieve your objectives.
We’re Melinda and Brooke, Penrith’s best copywriting team
Forgive us – we’re so busy talking about you that we haven’t yet introduced ourselves!
We’re Penrith born and bred girls, with founder Melinda Leyshon listed as Number 3 in Australia’s Top 20 copywriters.
I’m Mel. I combine business smarts, marketing know-how, and oh-so-witty wordsmithing to develop truly convincing copy.
Spending your marketing budget and crossing your fingers is not OK – I love thinking strategically to help identify the best opportunities for the biggest return.
From the (not-so) boring writing (say, an annual report, tender or strong business case) to the sublime (sexy SEO copywriting or crazy-good creative sales copy), I pick my words carefully. It’s how I get those potential clients (and search engines) eating out of your hand before you’ve even had a chance to say hello.
I’m Brooke. If you want to get someone’s attention, I’m your copywriter.
For me, a business is nothing without a brand, and short form copy is the perfect vehicle for strong brand messaging that has a lasting impact. And I loooooove writing short-form copy.
Why? It’s to-the-point and with a purpose. It elicits genuine engagement with readers. And living in a world of fragmented attention, it’s challenging to write.
And who doesn’t love a challenge?
- Business writing (annual reports, capability statements and more)
- Tender and bid writing
- Website (SEO) copywriting
- Business awards consulting and writing
- Compliance and procedure writing
- Content marketing (blogs, white papers, infographics and more)
- Marketing communications (email, brochures, print and digital advertising)
- Branding and tone of voice
- Editing and proofreading.